Adventures In Slow Cooking Book
Sorry, currently out of stock
The James Beard-nominated food writer revamps the slow cooker for the modern home cook, providing ingenious ideas and more than 100 delicious recipes for maximizing this favorite time-saving kitchen appliance and making it easier than ever to use.
Sarah DiGregorio shares the nostalgia most of us feel when it comes to slow cookers. Her first memory of slow-cooker cooking is her grandmother’s pot roast. While these handy devices have been time savers for incredibly busy lives, traditional slow cooker food is sometimes underwhelming. Now, Sarah, an experienced food professional, has reinvented slow cooking for a generation that cooks for fun and flavor, taking a fresh approach to reclaim this versatile tool without sacrificing quality or taste.
For Sarah, it’s not just about getting dinner on the table—it’s about using a slow cooker to make fabulous dinners like herb oil poached shrimp or the most perfect sticky toffee pudding for dessert. It’s about rethinking how to use this magic appliance—such as throwing a biryani dinner party with the slow cooker at the center of the table.
Showcasing a beautiful, engaging design, inviting color photographs, and 105 original, innovative recipes thoroughly tested in a variety of brands of slow cookers, Adventures in Slow Cooking provides a repertoire of delicious food for any time of day. Inside you’ll find ideas for flavorful sweet and savory slow cooker dishes, including:
- Whipped Feta, Red Pepper and Olive Dip
- Granola with Pistachios, Coconut and Cardamom
- Savory Overnight Oatmeal with Bacon, Scallions and Cheddar
- Turkey-Spinach Meatballs Stuffed with Mozzarella
- Spicy Kimchi and Pork Ramen
- Orange, Olive and Fennel Chicken Tagine
- Daal with Mango and Mustard Seeds
- Farro Bowl with Smoked Salmon, Yogurt, and Everything-Bagel Spice
- Oxtail and Short Rib Pho
- Corn, Mushroom and Zucchini Tamales
- Proper Red Sauce Eggplant Parm
- Peach-Orange Blossom Jam
- Matcha-White Chocolate Pots de Crème
- Cardamom-Molasses Apple Upside-Down Cake
- Star Anise-Black Pepper Hot Toddy
Sarah also provides ingenious tips and tricks that will help cooks get the most out of today’s slow cookers, and have them saying, "I never knew my slow cooker could do that!" With a foreword by Grant Achatz, a modernist chef and huge advocate of the slow cooker, Adventures in Slow Cooking makes this convenient appliance an indispensable tool for the modern kitchen.
- 256 pages
8 x 0.87 x 9 inches